Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Changing pagination of front matter in PDF files from roman to arabic numerals  (Read 3725 times)
IF

« on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »

By default, my PDF file comes out with roman numerals for the TOC (ii, iii, etc). I would like to change that to arabic numerals (2, 3, etc.)

I think I have to change format="i" to format="1" in a file somewhere in \AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\demo\xmfo\  but I'm not sure which file exactly. I've tried a couple at random but no luck.

I'm Using XMetal 6.0 on Windows 7 and deliverable type XMetal Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP.

Thanks
Isabelle
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »

The file is %appdata%\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\demo\xmfo\xsl\fo\toc.xsl

Line 62 controls this. Here's the OOTB version:
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="toc-sequence" format="i" xsl:use-attribute-sets="__force__page__count">
IF

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »

Thansk!

For some reason when I tried that yesterday the output failed and I saw the following error in the log file:

[echo] C:\Users\ifusey\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\temp/stage2.fo Started[java] Fatal error reported by XML parser: invalid UTF-8 byte (check the XML declaration) (code: 0xa9)

But I tried it again just now and it worked. So thank you.
docquery

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »

Hello,

Is there a way to change the numbering from roman numerals to arabic numerals for a customization, please?  Would the steps be the same or is there a file I can change in the following folder to overwrite this setting?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\demo\xmfo\Customization2\fo

Thanks!
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us