Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
 on: April 11, 2019, 03:17:49 PM 
Started by queshaw - Last post by queshaw
I need to write a macro/script/program that alters the XML that the user has selected. In this case, the selection is expected to contain OASIS table rows. How can I find what is "selected", i.e. elements that are highlighted after the user dragged a selection with the mouse?

I read 2 posts roughly asking the same question. One answer uses IsInsertionPoint and suggests moving ranges around, but I have no idea how that would tell me what elements are highlighted.

Another post uses Duplicate and Collapse, but when I try that it does not give me the elements that are highlighted by the user. Or, it gives me the parent of the elements that are highlighted, neither of which tell me what is highlighted. How can I do this?


 on: March 28, 2019, 04:36:08 PM 
Started by Boyd White - Last post by Derek Read
Yes, the APIs Selection.IsMultiCellSelection and Selection.Cells do not exist in versions older than 13.

You are correct in coming to the conclusion that being able to get the information your script needed was impossible. The information is just not there (without these new APIs). So, prompting the user is as good as it is going to get.

 on: March 28, 2019, 05:30:36 AM 
Started by tom_w - Last post by tom_w
I'm not sure I completely understand, but in Plain Text view if you click on the line number (left edge of the screen) does it do what you are expecting?

Yes this is mostly what I was looking for. Ideally, if I clicked anywhere on any line
the entire line would show as highlighted while the cursor indicator was still
, but this is a start!   Thank you for your reply. 

 on: March 27, 2019, 04:25:37 PM 
Started by Boyd White - Last post by Boyd White
I have to admit...I am using the ancient Xmetal 2.1
I tried your recommendation Derek and I imagine it would work on newer versions; but not on 2.1
Your recommendation gave me some ideas gave me some ideas but none of them panned out...I just was not able to get the Start and Stop range or cell/entry count of what I selected in a Table Column.
I was able to create a workaround with a couple Input Boxes from the user for anyone interested:

Dim iRows
Dim iIndent
Dim iCountRows
Dim strTabs
Dim i

iRows = cint(inputbox("How Many Cells Downward From The Current Cell Do You Want To Indent: ", "Data Input"))

iIndent = cint(inputbox("How Many &tab; Entities To Apply In Each Cell: ", "Data Input"))

strTabs = ""
For i = 1 To iIndent
    strTabs = strTabs & "&tab;"

For iCountRows = 1 To iRows

 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:59 PM 
Started by tom_w - Last post by Derek Read
I'm not sure I completely understand, but in Plain Text view if you click on the line number (left edge of the screen) does it do what you are expecting?

 on: March 27, 2019, 11:36:09 AM 
Started by tom_w - Last post by tom_w
XMetaL Author Enterprise 13.0

I am viewing and editing in Plain Text and I would like to have the active line
highlighted so I can see it highlighted when multitasking in a multimonitor
environment. Some of the lines are more than 2 monitors across. So this would
highlight the line where my cursor is, or where it last appeared before I
had to switch to a different app.  I am not permitted to edit the schema, at least not at this time.

I searched the forum and other help resources. Thank you for your time.

 on: March 26, 2019, 12:29:57 PM 
Started by PaoloS - Last post by Derek Read
Drawing borders around or having a background-color on very large elements (elements that take up multiple screens) can reduce the editing speed.

Sorry I missed that one. I have had quite a fast computer for a few years now so these issues are very much reduced for me and I have to perform fairly extreme stress tests to see them. In my case the element has to span about 25 screens before I start to notice this issue.

If you are drawing a white border then I suspect you must also have a different background-color set for some parent element. If that element commonly spans multiple screens then that could be contributing.

The colour itself does not matter.

 on: March 26, 2019, 12:25:15 PM 
Started by jodekirk - Last post by Derek Read
By design XML comments are not visible in Normal view.
Neither XMetaL Author nor XMAX can be configured to show XML comments in Normal view.

 on: March 22, 2019, 08:13:33 AM 
Started by PaoloS - Last post by PaoloS

It looks like the problem of the display:block; rule occurs only if there are associated margin-top or margin-bottom rules

If i use as workaround the rule es. border-top: 7px solid white; instead margin-top:7px; the issue is reduced

 on: March 22, 2019, 07:02:29 AM 
Started by PaoloS - Last post by PaoloS
Hi Derek,
thanks for the comprehensive reply.
Trying to completely reset the css file the problem disappears.

I started to exclude half by half the css rules (binary search) to understand what was causing the problem.
Surprisingly, the para tag (most used) had a display: block; set, and removing it the problem is solved....

But removing the "display: block;" rule the paragraphs no longer go on a new line.
In the ctm file customization I tried to insert the NewLineAfterEnd option but without visual effect.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »